- · Everyone speaks Spanish in LA, particularly in the orphanage where our hero grew up, most people are Hispanic and yet, he grows up without the quintessential accent that every other Earthling has?
- · Why don’t robots build robots. We’re in 2014 and robots have been assembling cars for decades. Is using humans in manufacturing on earth really the most cost effective method for our big bad corp? The earthlings are policed by robots and automation is at dizzying heights, but jobs that are currently mechanised are being done by humans? Really?
- · Is space travel so easy? Like random slum dwellers just randomly have space ships and these spacecraft seamlessly navigate from earth to space to Elysium and vice versa? And Suspended Reality lead to suspended lack of gravity?
- · Is it so easy to just randomly land on Elysium and not be seen or tracked? I know bouncers who could have done a better job. That has to be the most porous security system ever conceived.
- · So, I can store data from my PC/Mac (I had to say it) on my USB enabled brain but I can’t email it? I can’t upload to a cloud? So if someone wants to steal it, they can do so willy nilly and I won’t even be able to put up a fight, but will be comforted by the fact that they will die?
- · ONE PERSON CAN RE-SET ELYSIUM? ONE? SERIOUSLY?!!?!?!?!?
- · How can you see everything and not see anything at the same time?
- · Everyone knows what a reboot sequence looks like… and it’s still in MS-DOS. How is rebooting the system tantamount to every living person becoming a citizen? Why would the over-reaching evil Elysium coup planners design this?
- · How did Elysium come about? Why is Earth poor? And if the first order of business of new Elysium was to send out auto-regenerator ambulances to new Elysites on Earth, what the hell were doing just lying about in storage? Every home has one. Elysites rarely go to earth, there’s no crime, no disasters, essentially, Elysium could have provided medical aid to Earthlings but chose not to. Within this inconsistency, is yet another one. Where were these ambulances when a high ranking Elysite was dying on earth?
- · Not everyone is dirt poor on Earth and not everyone lives a slum, so where are the middle class people? (remember the supervisor and the un named person with 5 cars) don’t they want to move to Elysium too? Or they have visas…so they can go whenever